Alright, forgive me for going a little bit basic here. I think we can all agree, however, that there’s probably never been a time when someone’s asked, “How do chicken tacos sound for dinner,”and you’ve retreated in repulsion. They’re well-balanced in the nutrient department, satiating but not too heavy, and avocado is involved. What’s not to love?
Hint: sub flour tortillas with corn for a gluten-free version.
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 16 minutes
Active Time: 11 minutes
- 8-inch flour tortilla – 2
- avocado – 1/2
- shredded lettuce – 1 cup
- roma tomato – 1/4
- salsa – 2 tablespoon
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- taco seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Dice chicken into bite size pieces.
- Sauté chicken for 5 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add seasoning to chicken and toss well to coat.
- Sauté for an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add contents to tortillas.
- Slice avocado and tomato. Serve with shredded lettuce and salsa.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.