*Warning* Not for those afraid of heights.
Only kidding 🙂 — this stacked burger is safe for all meat-eaters. You no longer have to depend on your local burger joint when you want to chomp your teeth down on a juicy patty. If you’re feeling inspired, we recommend a side of homemade french fries (and an ice cream sundae for dessert, please).
Mile High Burger
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- onion powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- avocado – 1/4
- shredded lettuce – 4 tablespoon
- roma tomato – 1/4
- ground beef – 4 ounce
- wheat bun – 1
- red onion – 1/8
- Preheat oven to 350.
- While oven is preheating, combine ground beef with seasonings in a mixing bowl. Use hands to mash together and mix well. Form into patties.
- Set a pan over high heat. Add olive oil.
- Add patties to pan and sauté for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove burger from heat and set on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your desired temperature.
- While burger is cooking, slice tomato, avocado and red onion.
- Lightly toast bun.
- Arrange burger on bun with shredded lettuce, tomato, avocado, and red onion.
- Top with your favorite condiments and serve hot!
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.