Ok, let’s talk about sweet potato fries. And bacon. And sweet potatoes and bacon together in one meal. I’m not sure if there’s a better combination out there (sorry, peanut butter and jelly). I can’t do this sweet-and-salty decadence justice with words, so you’re going to have to take this one into your own kitchens.
Bacon and Slaw Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- wheat bun – 1
- bacon – 2 ounce
- white wine vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- white sugar – 1 teaspoon
- cabbage – 1 ounce
- mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon
- sweet potato – 1
- shredded carrots – 2 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Wash sweet potato thoroughly and slice into homemade french fries. Toss in olive oil.
- Set sweet potatoes on a foil-lined tray and bake for 25 minutes until crispy.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, set bacon in a pan over medium heat. Cook for 8 minutes, or until crispy.
- While bacon is cooking, shred cabbage and combine in a mixing bowl with carrots, mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- When bacon is done cooking, drain grease and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toast bun if you’d like. Construct sandwich with bacon and slaw. Serve with a side of sweet potato fries and your favorite condiment.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.