If you haven’t hopped on the cod game, it’s time to start. Cod is a versatile and inexpensive fish, and it’s full of omega-3 fatty acids! The light flavor makes it perfect for pickier eaters and kids.
Cod over Yellow Rice with Sautéed Mushrooms
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 22 minutes
Active Time: 12 minutes
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 2/3 tablespoon
- oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic – 1 teaspoon
- white mushrooms – 4 tablespoon
- cod – 4 ounce
- yellow rice – 3 ounce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Season cod with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Top with olive oil and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly.
- Slice mushrooms into thin pieces.
- Set a pan over medium high heat and add oil.
- Add mushrooms and season well; saute for 5-7 minutes until tender.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.