Meatless Monday rolls around again, and this time we’re going with one of my favorite foods ever. I’m gluten free, which means Italian food isn’t always on my side. With risotto, I get to enjoy that creamy and carby (ok, probably not a word) deliciousness without worrying about feeling sick after.
Mushroom and Green Bean Risotto
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic – 1 tablespoon
- butter – 1 teaspoon
- grated parmesan – 1 tablespoon
- yellow onion – 1/4
- green beans – 2 ounce
- vegetable broth – 2 tablespoon
- risotto – 4 tablespoon
- portobello mushroom – 2 ounce
- Chop mushrooms and green beans into bite-size pieces. Dice onions and crush garlic.
- Mix one part stock with two parts water. Set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms, onions, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add rice to pan, stir to mix. Add one third of your vegetable stock and mix well.
- Add remaining stock in small increments until all liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently.
- Once water is absorbed, add in diced green beans and mix well.
- Stir in cheese and serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.