Fried rice is one of the easiest dishes to make at home. This veggie version is not only ready in 15 minutes, but it’s also healthier than anything you’ll see on a takeout menu. Add this recipe to this week’s meal plan, and we have a hunch it will become a regular.
Veggie Fried Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- brown rice – 1 1/2 ounce
- edamame – 2 ounce
- frozen peas – 2 ounce
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- green onion – 1/4
- shredded carrots – 4 tablespoon
- corn – 2 ounce
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Set a pot of water over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Mix peas, edamame and corn together and add to boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain veggies and add to frying pan with half of your oil. Add diced scallions and carrots. Sauté veggies for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining oil to pan, add in rice, top with soy sauce, and stir fry for 4 minutes, until rice is tender but crisp.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.