I’m not sure how I’ve gone this long on the blog without raving about arugula. I LOVE arugula. That crisp, peppery taste is the key to a great salad (really — just add olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper). It’s also, coincidentally, the key to the best classic burger in the game. After tasting this, you’re going to want to kiss romaine goodbye!
Classic Burger with Arugula
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 28 minutes
Active Time: 14 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- onion powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- avocado – 1/4
- roma tomato – 1/4
- ground beef – 4 ounce
- sesame seed bun – 1
- arugula – 8 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- While oven is preheating, combine ground beef with seasonings in a mixing bowl. Use hands to mash together and mix well. Form into patties.
- Set a pan over high heat. Add olive oil.
- Add patties to pan and saute for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove burger from heat and set on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your desired temperature.
- While burger is cooking, slice tomato and avocado.
- Lightly toast bun.
- Arrange burger on bun with arugula, tomato, and avocado.
- Top with your favorite condiments and serve hot!
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.