A high-protein, heart-warming dish on this Meatless Monday? Could you ask for more? Cook a big batch of this veggie chili at the beginning of the week and you’ll have enough to keep you warm all week.
Simple Veggie Chili
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 5/8 teaspoon
- garlic – 3/8 teaspoon
- black beans – 2 7/8 ounce
- red pepper flakes – 1/8 teaspoon
- red bell pepper – 1/8
- yellow onion – 1/8
- tofu – 1 1/2 ounce
- chili powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- can diced tomatoes – 1/4
- red kidney beans – 1 1/2 ounce
- jalapeno – 1/8
- can diced tomatoes & green chilis – 1/8
- fire roasted crushed tomatoes – 2 7/8 ounce
- cashews – 1 5/8 tablespoon
- frozen corn – 7/8 ounce
- Chop onion and red bell pepper.
- In a large stockpot, sauté onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic in the olive oil over medium-high heat until onions are starting to soften.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Crumble the thawed tofu into the mixture and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add all tomatoes, jalapeños, green chiles, black beans, kidney beans, corn and cashews; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.