Happy Saturday to all our My Happy Plates regulars, and first-timers too. We’re sharing this sweet and spicy meatball recipe with you this weekend because we think they’d make the perfect addition to next week’s Super Bowl Sunday feast. I mean, nothing says America and football like a good meatball.
Test them out for dinner this week, and then rate the recipe to let us know what you think!
Sweet and Spicy Meatballs over White Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- ground beef – 4 ounce
- red bell pepper – 1/4
- yellow onion – 1/4
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Sriracha sauce – 1 teaspoon
- baby carrot – 2 ounce
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- brown sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Cook rice according to instructions on package.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef and black pepper. Mix well and form into small meatballs.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add half of your oil.
- Sauté meatballs on all sides and then transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- While meatballs are in the oven, dice all of the veggies and saute in the rest of your olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, sriracha, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- When meatballs are finished, remove from oven and add to pan with veggies. Add sauce and toss well to coat.
- Serve over rice.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.