Guess what? Not only are these noodles aromatic, but they’re also vegan! Talk about well-rounded. It still has plenty of protein between the peanut butter in the sauce and edamame on top, and comes in at under 200 calories a serving. Whip up a big batch at the start of the week and bring it to work for the perfect light lunch.
Aromatic Noodles with Lime-Peanut Sauce
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 23 minutes
Active Time: 11 minutes
- red pepper flakes – 1/8 teaspoon
- edamame – 1 ounce
- broccoli – 1 1/2 ounce
- low sodium soy sauce – 2/3 tablespoon
- water – 2/3 tablespoon
- peanuts – 1/3 ounce
- spinach – 2 ounce
- lime juice – 1 teaspoon
- cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- brown sugar – 1 teaspoon
- peanut butter – 1 teaspoon
- scallions – 1/6 stalk
- ginger – 3/8 teaspoon
- snow peas – 5 1/3 tablespoon
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the broccoli in a steamer basket over a large pot of boiling water and steam it for 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and edamame and steam for 2 minutes more, until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Toast the peanuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, until fragrant, around 3 – 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Purée the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, scallion, ginger, brown sugar and crushed red pepper flakes in a blender until smooth.
- Right before serving, toss the pasta with half of the sauce.
- Divide between serving bowls and top each serving with the vegetables.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the vegetables. Coarsely chop the peanuts, then sprinkle them on top, and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.