This open-faced enchilada bake is a sophisticated twist on a classic enchilada, making it great to serve to kids and foodies alike. With a toasted corn tortilla base (shoutout to my fellow gluten-free My Happy Plates-ers) and a tangy yogurt-based cheese sauce, we promise it will rival your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Chicken Enchilada Bake
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Mexican cheese blend – 4 tablespoon
- corn tortilla – 1
- green bell pepper – 1/4
- lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- dried cilantro – 1/2 teaspoon
- jalapeno – 1/4
- corn – 1 ounce
- plain yogurt – 1/2
- can cream of chicken soup – 1/4
- orange bell pepper – 1/4
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice chicken into small pieces.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Sauté chicken for 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, dice veggies into small pieces.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, and veggies to pan with chicken. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheese, yogurt, black pepper and cream of chicken soup. Mix well.
- In a separate pan, add tortillas and cook for 5 seconds per side to lightly toast.
- Arrange a baking dish and spray with cooking spray.
- Add tortillas to baking dish and fill with chicken, veggies, and cheese mixture. Place seam side down in the dish.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.