We have to be up front with you: these aren’t exactly carnitas. Traditionally, the pork used to make carnitas is fried in lard. Since we are always looking out for your health, our recipe uses olive oil instead. So call these the My Happy Plates version of carnitas — don’t worry, they’re just as delicious.
Pork Carnitas over Brown Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- black beans – 3 ounce
- brown rice – 1 1/2 ounce
- marinara sauce – 4 tablespoon
- red bell pepper – 1/8
- green bell pepper – 1/8
- Sriracha sauce – 2/3 tablespoon
- pork chop – 4 ounce
- corn – 2 ounce
- Cook rice according to instructions on package.
- Slice pork into thin strips.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Sauté pork for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While pork is cooking, thinly slice veggies and drain corn and beans. Mix together.
- Add veggies to pan with pork once it’s finished cooking. Mix well and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine marinara and sriracha. Mix well with a spoon.
- Drizzle sauce on top of pork carnitas and toss to coat.
- Serve over rice.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.