Remember all those times you’ve made chicken and it’s tasted a little dry or bland? Well, if you don’t, I have enough memories to cover the both of us. These sweet and sour chicken drumsticks break all the usual chicken stereotypes. This juicy and flavorful dish is great to bring to a potluck or to pair with rice and veggies!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Drumsticks
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 41 minutes
Active Time: 11 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- water – 1 tablespoon
- honey – 3/4 tablespoon
- cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- fresh mint – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- ground coriander – 1/8 teaspoon
- chicken drumstick – 2
- orange – 1/4
- corn starch – 1/4 teaspoon
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grate orange peel and squeeze orange to make juice.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine orange zest, orange juice, water, honey, half of your vinegar, and coriander in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Whisk cornstarch and the remaining vinegar in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add to the saucepan and return to a boil, whisking until thickened, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in chopped mint.
- Sprinkle drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill rack.
- Grill the drumsticks until crispy on all sides and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F.
- Serve the drumsticks with the dipping sauce on the side.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.