Who doesn’t love orange chicken? Ok, vegetarians, you can stop reading. Everyone else, get ready to have your mind blown. You can make mouth-watering orange chicken (and broccoli) using only six ingredients. No MSG allowed.
Orange Chicken and Broccoli
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil – 2/3 tablespoon
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- broccoli – 3 ounce
- low sodium soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- orange – 1/4
- corn starch – 1 teaspoon
- Dice chicken into bite size pieces.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and sauté chicken for 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, set another small pot over medium heat. Combine soy sauce, juice from orange, and orange zest. Mix well for 1 minute.
- Slowly add corn starch while whisking sauce vigorously. Sauce should thicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss well to coat. Simmer for 3 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Separately, set a pan over medium-high heat and bring a small amount of water to a boil.
- Add broccoli to pan and steam for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to chicken pan and toss to coat in sauce. Mix well before serving.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.