If you think pasta and your New Year’s Resolution don’t quite go together, we’re here to prove you wrong. I mean, whole wheat pasta and broccoli is basically a salad… right? Really, while this recipe may seem indulgent, but it clocks in at only 248 calories and 7 grams of fat!
Whole Wheat Penne with Broccoli and Sausage
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- garlic – 1/3 teaspoon
- broccoli – 1 1/3 ounce
- grated parmesan – 1 tablespoon
- penne – 1 1/6 ounce
- lemon – 1/6
- onion – 1/6
- chicken sausage – 1 1/3 ounce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli during last 5 to 6 minutes of cooking. Drain well; cover and keep warm.
- Quarter and slice the onion. Grate lemon peel until 2 tsp. of zest is acquired.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crumble sausage into skillet.
- Add onion; cook until sausage is brown, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add sausage mixture, lemon peel, salt and black pepper to pasta; toss until blended.
- Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over each serving.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.