At My Happy Plates, we love pasta. We have pasta recipes for every mood, time of year, and special occasion. Usually, winter pastas have heavy cream sauces or lots of fatty additions. So, to switch it up, we wanted to share with you this tuna-topped linguine recipe that walks on the lighter side.
Linguine, Spinach and Tomatoes with Sesame Crusted Tuna
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 11 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/3 tablespoons
- baby spinach – 2 ounces
- tuna – 4 ounces
- sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- grated parmesan – 1 tablespoon
- linguine – 4 ounces
- tomato – 3 ounces
- Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Place sesame seeds on a flat plate.
- Press tuna into sesame seeds so that all sides are covered.
- Set oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add tuna to pan and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
- While pasta is cooking, dice tomatoes.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Mix in diced tomatoes and baby spinach, drizzle with olive oil and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Season with pinch of salt to finish.
- Place tuna over pasta and enjoy.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.