I may be in the minority, but I am a salad lover. They’re easy, healthy, and versatile, so it’s my goal to make you all salad lovers too. With less produce in season, it can be difficult to make a salad your staple in the coldest months. Using broccoli and apples topped with delicious baked chicken, I think this recipe makes a pretty good case.
If you have other salad recipes fit for winter, you can add them to My Happy Plates right here.
Broccoli and Apple Salad with Herbed Baked Chicken
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour 2 minutes
Active Time: 17 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- onion powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- basil – 1/4 teaspoon
- oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
- parsley – 1/4 teaspoon
- cooking spray
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- broccoli – 5 ounce
- mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon
- red onion – 1/4
- roasted almonds – 1 tablespoon
- apple – 1/2
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic and herbs.
- Spray foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Depending on thickness, bake chicken for 45 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Dice apple into bite size pieces.
- Slice red onion thin.
- Before removing, set broiler to high. Move chicken to broiler for 3 minutes to crisp the top.
- In a mixing bowl, add mayo and lemon juice. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add broccoli, apple, and almonds. Toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Cut chicken on an angle (on a bias) for maximum flavor.
- Slice chicken and place over salad.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.