‘Twas the day after Christmas…
… and nobody knew what to make for dinner. Well, maybe your leftovers will last you another day or two. Either way, we have this delicious Shrimp Pad Thai recipe ready for you when they run out. It’s so simple, you can take a break from the kitchen today and pawn this one off on one of your kids. That’s our Christmas present to you!
Shrimp Pad Thai
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- cooking spray
- shrimp – 3 ounces
- egg – 1/3
- Thai rice noodles – 2 ounces
- white wine vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
- fish sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- crushed red pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- bean sprouts – 5 1/3 tablespoons
- peanuts – 1/2 ounce
- lemon – 1/4
- Place rice noodles in a bowl of water and allow to soften for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- While noodles soften, chop onion and beat egg.
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp in oven and cook for 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- When noodles are ready, heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Scramble egg in pan.
- Add noodles, vinegar, fish sauce, and red pepper to pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until noodles are tender.
- Add bean sprouts and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve with lemon sliced thin.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.