Wednesday’s post about staying mindful over the holidays got me thinking that maybe I should lay off the pasta for a day, and share with you all something on the healthier side. These Paleo turkey meatballs replace normal flour with almond flour, keeping them gluten and guilt-free. Trust us, this kale bowl will fill you up and give you a head start on that New Year’s resolution.
Kale Bowl with Paleo Turkey Meatballs and Sautéed Tomato Slices
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- salt – 3/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- cooking spray
- dried thyme – 1/8 teaspoon
- tomato – 2 ounces
- kale – 2 cups
- ground turkey – 5 ounces
- egg – 1/4
- almond flour – 1 teaspoon
- Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll ground turkey mixture into multiple 1-1.5 inch balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add kale to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes or until fairly wilted.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Slice tomatoes and place in a single layer in the skillet.
- Allow tomatoes to cook on each side for 2 minutes.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.