It’s time for Meatless Monday, Episode Two. I hope the meat lovers in your family forgave you after last week. If they didn’t, then I have a guaranteed favorite for you today. So, get ready to lighten up your usual lasagna by skipping the meat and adding some of our favorite veggies.
Yummy Veggie Lasagna
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour and 16 minutes
Active Time: 16 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil – 2/3 tablespoon
- baby spinach – 2 ounces
- garlic – 1/6 teaspoon
- marinara sauce – 3 1/3 tablespoon
- yellow onion – 1/6
- ricotta cheese – 2 2/3 tablespoons
- lasagna noodles – 2 2/3 ounces
- shredded mozzarella – 2 2/3 tablespoons
- cremini mushrooms – 1 1/3 ounces
- Slice cremini mushrooms. Finely chop onion.
- Set saute pan on medium high heat.
- Add half your olive oil.
- Add spinach and allow to saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove spinach from pan and set on paper towel to drain the remaining water.
- In a large baking dish, cover the bottom of the pan with noodles and add a layer of pasta sauce.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, onions, garlic, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add another layer of sauce and noodles.
- Repeat steps #6-8 until you run out of filling.
- Your top layer should be noodles sprinkled with sauce and cheese.
- Cover the baked dish with aluminum foil, making sure to create a dome, or “bubble” with the foil. Do not allow the foil to directly touch the lasagna.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.