The holiday season can be exhausting, leaving us relying on that takeout menu at the end of a long day. This year can be different, because you have us to help. We’re sharing this recipe with you to help you say no to MSG and delivery fees. It only takes 20 minutes, so we can promise you’ll beat the delivery man every time.
Ready, set, go…
Beef and Broccoli over Brown Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 21 minutes
Active Time: 16 minutes
- sirloin steak – 4 ounces
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- brown rice – 1 1/2 ounces
- broccoli – 2 ounces
- yellow onion – 1/4
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- baby carrot – 2 ounces
- brown sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Cook rice according to instructions on package.
- Cube steak into bite-size pieces.
- Mince onions.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Add onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add steak and pan sear until cooked to desired temperature.
- While steak is cooking, dice remaining veggies.
- Add veggies to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, and equal part water to your soy sauce.
- Add sauce to pan with steak and veggies and toss well to combine.
- Serve over rice.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.