Breaking news: pesto makes everything better. It’s the perfect addition to please your spouse, your kids, your friends, and yourself. We have an pesto pasta recipe for you today that, if we do say so ourselves, is the second best thing to a trip to Rome.
Chicken Francese over Pesto Pasta
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil – 2/3 tablespoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- chicken breast – 4 ounces
- basil – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 2/3 tablespoon
- rotini – 3 ounces
- pesto- 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice chicken breast into thin cutlets. Season with salt and pepper
- Add half of your oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, boil a pot of water over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes, until al dente.
- Remove chicken from oven and dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Place chicken, remaining oil, lemon juice, and basil in a man and mix well.
- Drain pasta and add back to pot. Mix with pesto over burner to keep warm.
- Add chicken to pasta and mix well. Serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.