Winter: the season of waking up, checking your weather app, and wondering how you are going to possibly make it through the day. It’s also the season where my favorite foods (sushi and ice cream, in no order) only seem to make me colder. There is one meal I can always count on to fill me up, keep me warm, and make me feel like I am sitting by the fire on a ski vacation, and that’s chili. So pull out that leftover Thanksgiving turkey, and let’s get cooking.
Turkey and Bean Chili
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 26 minutes
Active Time: 11 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- oregano – 1/3 teaspoon
- garlic – 1/5 teaspoon
- ground turkey – 3 1/3 ounce
- chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin – 1/6 teaspoon
- can diced tomatoes – 1/6
- chicken broth – 4 2/3 tablespoon
- fresh cilantro – 1 1/3 tablespoon
- red onion – 1/6
- lime – 1/6
- cannellini beans – 3 1/6 ounce
- tomato paste – 1/6 ounce
- sweet peppers – 1 tablespoon
- Chop onion, cilantro, and sweet peppers.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat..
- Combine onion, peppers, garlic, and turkey. cook for 6 minutes or until the turkey is done, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients aside from cilantro and lime. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro. Serve immediately in warmed bowls with the lime wedges and sides of your choice.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.