We’re going to let you in on a little secret…
Meatless Monday. You’ve probably heard of it before, and maybe you’ve already embraced the trend. Eating delicious veggie-based meals one day per week can improve your health (and the planet’s!), and also help you start your week on the right side of the bed. So close the holiday cookie jar, and get ready to load up on some green stuff with today’s recipe.
Zucchini and Chickpea Veggie Bowl
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- chickpeas- 3 ounce
- brown rice – 1 1/2 ounce
- zucchini – 1/4
- baby carrot – 2 ounce
- citrus dressing – 1 tablespoon
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions
- Dice vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Drain chickpeas.
- Set a pan over medium high heat and add oil. Saute veggies and beans for 4 minutes.
- Top veggies with citrus dressing, cover, and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve veggies over brown rice.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.