Looking for a healthy, super-tasty alternative to the old fashioned hamburger? We put these quinoa burgers to the test and they did not disappoint!
They’re flavorful, rich, and surprisingly hearty. They feature ample protein and help you save a bit on fat and cholesterol for the day. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Blackened Quinoa Burgers
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 14 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
- sesame seed bun – 1
- quinoa – 2 tablespoon
- bread crumbs – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- onion – 1/8
- egg – 1/2
- cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- onion powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- dried thyme – 1/8 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 2/3 tablespoon
- roma tomato – 1/4
- cucumber – 1/8
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on package.
- While quinoa is cooking, mince onion.
- When quinoa is finished cooking, rinse thoroughly under cold water to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, combine quinoa, breadcrumbs, and egg. Mix together well.
- Form quinoa into patties, season with mix of spices on both sides, and place in an oiled pan over high heat.
- Cook on each side for 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
- While patties are cooking, lightly toast sesame seed bun.
- Arrange quinoa burger on toasted bun with sliced tomatoes and cucumber. Enjoy with your favorite condiment!
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.