If you’re looking for a low-fat recipe that packs a flavor punch and fills you up, you’ve come to the right place.
This zucchini frittata focuses on health and heartiness. We use ingredients like egg whites and low fat mozzarella cheese, and the zucchini mixed with rice provides a nice filling touch.
You’re gonna want to cook this one ASAP…
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- garlic – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- grated parmesan – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- zucchini – 1/2
- white rice – 1 tablespoon
- onion – 1/4
- shredded mozzarella – 2 tablespoon
- egg white – 1
- Cook rice according to instructions on package.
- While rice is cooking, clean and slice the zucchini in half, lengthwise, then into 1/8-inch pieces.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Saute zucchini, onions and garlic in half of your olive oil until onions and zucchini are tender.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix cooked rice, Parmesan, mozzarella and egg whites in a bowl.
- Stir in saute of zucchini, onion and the rest, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients well.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium-high heat, and add remaining oil.
- Pour contents of mixing bowl into fry pan. Spread mixture evenly around pan.
- When the frittata is brown on the bottom, use a plate to turn it over.
- Cook until both sides are brown and firm.
- Slice and serve. You can eat it either hot or cold!
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.