This dish has got us going crazy. It’s light, it’s refreshing, and it tastes really, really good.
Salmon and cucumber is a classic combo. Think about it – you see it all the time in sushi. We’ve got a different take on it here, though. The salmon is fully cooked (for you raw-fish haters!) and it’s over a bed of rice with some fun spices like tarragon.
Salmon Risotto with Cucumber
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- brown rice – 1 ounce
- salmon – 4 ounce
- white wine – 2 tablespoon
- vegetable broth – 3/4 cup
- cucumber – 1/8
- scallions – 1/4 stalk
- tarragon – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced scallions and diced cucumber. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, broth and wine and return to a boil.
- Simmer the wine and broth mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dice the salmon.
- Stir in the salmon and tarragon.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes more, then switch off the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.