Maybe you’re a fitness buff that pays attention to your “macros.” Or maybe you’re a mom of two looking for a well-rounded option in the morning. Ahem, ahem. This recipe is for you.
This versatile meal is an excellent source of carbs, healthy fats and protein and its guaranteed to keep you on track.
Quinoa Avocado Egg Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 10 minutes
Active Time: 7 minutes
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- quinoa – 2 tablespoons
- avocado – 1/2
- egg – 1
- chives – 1/2 teaspoon
- whole wheat bread – 2 slices
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on package.
- In a small pot on high heat, bring water to boil. Make sure that there is enough water to cover eggs.
- Once water has come to a boil, reduce heat to rapid simmer.
- Add eggs and cook for 5-7 minutes (allow additional time if you’d like your eggs to have a fully cooked yolk – approximately 10-12 minutes total).
- Remove eggs from heat and place in cold water.
- Allow eggs to be “cool to the touch” before removing from shell.
- Remove the egg shell by cracking the smallest portion of the egg and removing the rest of the shell, piece by piece.
- In a bowl, add mashed avocado, cooked quinoa, boiled eggs, minced peppers and minced chives.
- Use a fork to mash and combine ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on toasted wheat bread.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.