On a cool autumn day in New York City, nothing says fall more than a root vegetable-based soup. Come to think of it, it doesn’t really matter where you are – this one’s going to hit your taste buds just right and make you feel right at home.
Saddle up with this creamy, hearty sweet potato and carrot soup that’s guaranteed to warm you up on any brisk fall day.
Oh, and check out the link below on how to add this soup right to your meal plan for the week!
Creamy Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
Original # of Servings: 2
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 14 minutes
- 1 big sweet potato (about 1 1/2 lbs) (peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup white beans (cooked)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger root (minced/grated)
- 2 big carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 3 cups stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 Tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tsp coriander
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- Peel and chop all vegetables.
- In a pot, add olive oil, celery and onions. Cook on medium high heat until onions are translucent.
- Add ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Add carrots and sweet potato and cook for 1-2 minutes, while stirring.
- Add stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat, add coriander, cumin, and turmeric. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer until carrots and potato are tender.
- Turn off heat and allow soup to partially cool, then add it to a blender with the cooked white beans and puree into a silky smooth texture.
- Return purée to the pot on low heat, add grated garlic and stir.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.