This dish is an ode to a cool, breezy, late-summer, early-fall day. You know, when you’ve got to check the weather in the morning to see if it’s short sleeves or sweater weather.
Enjoy this spice rubbed Ahi tuna over your favorite greens, for a light refreshing meal.
Spice Rubbed Ahi Tuna
Original # of Servings:2
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- 2 6-oz sushi grade tuna steaks
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp coarse Himalayan sea salt (or any coarse salt)
- 2 tbsp coarse ground pepper
- 2 tbsp celery seed
- 2 tbsp black sesame seed
- 2 tbsp white sesame seed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or canola)
- In a shallow bowl, combine seasonings (cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, celery seed and black and white sesame seeds).
- With a paper towel, pat tuna to remove excess moisture.
- Using your hands, generously coat both tuna steaks with seasoning, making sure to cover all sides evenly.
- In a heavy-bottomed non-stick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat, add avocado oil and make sure to coat the entire pan.
- Place the tuna in the pan and sear for 1 minute on each side. Using tongs to turn/ flip tuna, sear the edges and smaller sides for 30 seconds.
- Slice tuna to desired thickness. (For best results, allow the cooked tuna to rest in the refrigerator for approx. 30 minutes before slicing).
You’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list.