When people hear the word “curry” they often think: SPICY!
But here’s the deal. “Spicy” doesn’t necessarily mean “setting my mouth on fire.” That’s where curry comes into play. Curry dishes feature an amazing blend of spices that make up a bright, flavorful, spice-filled bite. The level of heat is actually quite low, but the spices allow each bite to be jam-packed with flavor for maximum yum.
This coconut curry dish is a great balance between spicy and flavorful. The creaminess of the added coconut milk makes the dish comforting and can be used as a complimentary side dish or a great stand alone meal.
Coconut Curry Turkey Breast with Mixed Vegetables
Original # of Servings: 5
Total Time: 55 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs turkey breast (sliced)
- 2 cups precooked chickpeas
- 2 cups carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 2 medium sweet potato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 red and green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 scallion stalks (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl mix sliced turkey breast, dry seasonings (curry powder, turmeric, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and nutmeg).
- Place a large pan on medium heat with olive oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Add seasoned turkey breast and saute for 10 minutes
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock and sweet potato. Cook (covered) for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add remaining vegetables (chickpeas, celery, tomatoes and carrots), coconut milk, fresh cilantro and cook (covered) for an additional 15-20 minutes. Or until veggies and turkey are tender.
You’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list.