Quinoa is one of the most protein and fiber rich foods that we can consume, which makes it a no-brainer as a primary go-to source for those on a restricted diet.
This quinoa quiche is a versatile dish that can be served for either breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or maybe just make a big batch and enjoy leftovers all week!
Add more variety to this dish by incorporating your favorite veggies and/or protein in the mix.
Original # of Servings: 8
Total Time: 60 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large eggs (1 whole, 2 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. In a medium saucepan, add quinoa, olive oil and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Once stock comes to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook quinoa for 10-15 minutes or until stock is absorbed and quinoa is “pearled”. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, until well mixed.
- Mix in the egg and cheese mixture to the quinoa. Gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into a glass pie dish, making sure to spread mixture evenly. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake quiche for 25-30 minutes.
- To check that the quiche is done, stick a toothpick in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the quiche is done.
You’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list.