How do you like your gnocchi? Plain, a lil marinara, garlic and olive oil, how about smothered in a bechamel sauce? Yeah, you can never go wrong with a rich cream sauce. Right? But what about when you’re looking to cut a few calories?
When you think about making a cream sauce, does heavy cream, milk and butter drive the narrative? Well, this recipe calls for tossing your gnocchi with a healthier – yet equally delicious – cream sauce. Rich in protein and healthy fats.
Looking to ramp your meal up a notch? Add your favorite greens and protein source to make this a meal fit for a competitive bodybuilder!
Gnocchi in Avocado Cream Sauce
Original # of Servings: 3
Total Time: 17 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups gnocchi (premade)
- 2 ripe hass avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/8 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Lime
1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
2. Add the gnocchi to the boiling water (in small batches to avoid overcrowding). When they rise to the top (approx. 2-5 minutes), let them cook for an additional minute or two.
3. Once gnocchi are done, remove, strain water and toss the strained gnocchi with a drizzle of olive oil (mainly to avoid sticking). Set aside.
For avocado cream sauce
4. In a food processor add avocado, Greek yogurt, parsley, parmesan cheese and dry seasonings. Blend until smooth and velvety. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss avocado sauce and gnocchi together, until totally combined.
You’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list.